The stock exchange market closed negative today, Monday 16th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) decreased by 5 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N8.8 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,505.40 points, to reflect a loss of 0.05% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.58 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently settled at –1.90%.
The market breadth closed positive as SFSREIT led 25 Gainers, and 15 Losers topped by ABCTRANS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –765.32 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- SFSREIT up +9.96% to close at N67.90
- MRS up +9.92% to close at N13.85
- MAYBAKER up +9.77% to close at N4.83
- HONYFLOUR up +8.82% to close at N2.25
- MBENEFIT up +6.82% to close at N0.37
NGX ASI Top losers
- ABCTRANS down –8.33% to close at N0.33
- LASACO down –6.67% to close at N1.40
- LIVESTOCK down –4.81% to close at N1.98
- FIDELITYBANK down –4.80% to close at N2.38
- CHAMPION down –4.55% to close at N2.10
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ETRANZACT- 16,188,382.00 units
- FIDELITYBANK – 10,441,898.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 9,768,803.00 units
- CHIPLC – 9,181,411.00 units
- ACCESS – 7,585,329.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- NESTLE – N491,950,839.20
- MTNN – N296,051,375.90
- ZENITHBANK – N130,517,889.55
- DANGCEM – N76,781,562.20
- ACCESS – N69,025,460.10
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential being in favour of the advancers as 15 losers were surpassed by 25 gainers.