At the end of this week’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests, as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 2 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N4.98 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,485.65 points, to reflect a gain of 0.02% from the previous trading day.
Week-on-week, the Nigerian bourse closed flat as well to appreciate by 0.01% from 39,483.08 the previous week.
At the close of the market yesterday, Friday 27th of August 2021, Nigeria’s stock exchange market value stood at N20.57 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at -1.95%.
The market breadth closed positive as MORISON led 18 Gainers, and 10 Losers topped by UNILEVER at the end of the day’s session.
The stock market has declined by -785.07 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- MORISON up +9.47% to close at N1.85
- FTNCOCOA up +9.09% to close at N0.48
- SOVRENINS up +8.70% to close at N0.25
- UPDC up +8.28% to close at N1.83
- BOCGAS up +6.31% to close at N11.80
NGX ASI top losers
- UNILEVER down -10.00% to close at N13.50
- NASCON down -9.87% to close at N14.15
- AIICO down -4.85% to close at N0.98
- VERITASKAP down -4.17% to close at N0.23
- TRANSCORP down -3.16% to close at N0.92
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- TRANSCORP– 45,132,732.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 29,261,967.00 units
- GTCO – 22,093,634.00 units
- ZENITHBANK – 16,357,479.00 units
- ETRANZACT – 13,840,748.00 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- GTCO – N614,251,467.80
- ZENITHBANK – N399,144,848.65
- MTNN – N141,718,612.30
- WAPCO – N76,526,537.20
- UBA – N53,866,252.45
Market sentiments trended towards the bulls, with the market differential in favour of the advancers, as 10 losers were surpassed by 18 gainers.