The stock exchange market closed flat today, Wednesday 18th August 2021, amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark index (ASI) decreased by 1 basis point, while the market capitalization decreased by N2.44 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 39,545.67 points, to reflect a loss of 0.01% from the previous trading day.
At the end of the trading day, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.60 trillion from N20.61 trillion in the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, currently settled at –1.80%.
The market breadth closed positive as PHARMDEKO led 19 Gainers, and 17 Losers topped by SCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –725.05 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- PHARMDEKO up +10.00% to close at N1.43
- BOCGAS up +9.78% to close at N10.10
- HONYFLOUR up +9.72% to close at N2.71
- COURTVILLE up +8.00% to close at N0.27
- ABCTRANS up +6.06% to close at N0.35
NGX ASI Top losers
- SCOA down –9.66% to close at N1.59
- PRESTIGE down –8.33% to close at N0.44
- REGALINS down –6.98% to close at N0.40
- MBENEFIT down –5.71% to close at N0.33
- CAVERTON down –5.49% to close at N1.72
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 14,144,637.00 units
- CHAMS – 14,067,936.00 units
- ZENITHBANK – 8,514,779.00 units
- GTCO – 6,222,105.00 units
- OANDO – 5,382,817.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- NESTLE – N1,184,467,270.10
- AIRTELAFRI – N278,356,229.10
- ZENITHBANK – N206,228,655.85
- GTCO- N174,960,255.60
- SEPLAT – N171,686,547.60
Market sentiments remained flat despite the market differential being in favor of the advancers as 19 gainers surpassed 17 losers.